Thursday, May 21, 2009

Writing Exercise: Deja Vu?

Dear Person who needs somebody to go back in time,

I am extremely interested in the concept of time travel and need a bit more information. How far back in time do you wish to go? I've been thinking, and if I were to go with you, I would like to travel back to the Middle Ages. I really like the clothes and would love to live in a castle. Oh yes, where exactly do you see as a landing spot? Landing in the ocean would not have the same draw as landing in Paris, for example. In addition, I would need an idea where and when the landing would be in order to appropriately arm myself. I would like to keep my weapons light, but want them to also be effective.

How much are you planning to pay once we get back? You are going with the person who answers this ad, aren't you?

Would you be able to share some information as to your methodology. How have you developed time travel? I realize that you will wish to keep some of this information confidential. You don't want someone else running with your idea, but I have done extensive research in this regard, and may be able to assist with any "bugs" that may occur.

I have a couple weeks vacation coming up in June, and could potentially go at that time. Give me a call at 555-555-5555 and we can discuss the details.

Thank you for this exceptional opportunity. I can't wait for your call.

Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment