Friday, May 8, 2009

The Road Not Taken

We come to many forks in the road on our journey through life. Have you ever wondered what your life would be like now if you had taken the left fork instead of the right? What if, instead of joining the Air Force I had continued to work for Sara Lee? What if I hadn't gotten a divorce? What if I hadn't lost my job at Root-Lowell? The last one is still a big question mark, but also a chance to choose another fork. Should I go left or right? Which way? I've been seeming to wander aimlessly lately. The whole adventure is like going spelunking. The cave is dark, you can't see beyond your flashlight, and if you don't take precautions you could easily get so lost you can't find your way back out. On the other hand, there is the potential of finding hidden treasure, underground beauty or seeing something no one else has ever seen. My choice right now is to either see losing my job as something terrifying and debilitating or to see it as a chance to experience something new and be looking for the hidden treasure. What I really need right now is wisdom to choose the best fork in the road. Even though I may choose the "other fork" and things don't work out as I would like, somehow, God can turn it around if I allow Him to. Perhaps having a destination in mind would be a good idea. Remember what the Cheshire Cat said to Alice,
Alice:I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to.
Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.

Buying a map is a great idea, reading it helps more than just carrying it with you.
If I have a Bible and do not read it, how will I know God's voice when He speaks to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment