Thursday, May 7, 2009

Never Alone

The sky is a canvas of progressively gray cumulus clouds. I can almost imagine tornadoes and waterspouts hiding behind the great puffs of moisture infused clouds. The wind has increased in intensity even within the last few minutes. A storm is brewing. A storm on the outside to match that on the inside. How do you defuse a storm? Or do you? Riding out my own personal storm is so much more difficult than riding out a storm with rain, wind and hail--it passes and the air is clean and fresh. Sometimes it leaves damage in its wake, but not always. I think that a personal storm is more difficult because you have less of a handle on it. It's difficult to predict the intensity, length and impact. It also is one of the times in life that God, who we are taught has everything under control, seems to be absent and powerless. Here we stand, alone with the elements beating and battering, barely able to endure the onslaught wondering where God is in all this. I lost my job. It's been several months and honestly the future doesn't look good at the moment. God has promised to prosper me in this yet there are days I wonder if the storm will ever end.

No comments:

Post a Comment