Friday, May 22, 2009

Rubber Ducky

"Stop already. I have ten people coming for dinner and this is a disaster."

"But it's funny. Don't you think it's funny?"

"NO. What am I going to feed these people?"

"I'm sure you'll think of something. Look at it this way, you have the entertainment covered."

"Help me find something that will work to cut this thing. I've tried every knife in the drawer, even the serrated ones. I've even tried the electric knife. The only thing I haven't tried is a circular saw."

"Even if we figure out how to cut the duck, do you think it might be a bit "chewy"?

"You may be right. The only thing worse than not being able to slice through the skin on this duck would be watching a dinner guest attempting to chew a bite of it."

"Why don't you put together a pasta dish and I will go find the karaoke machine."

"Karaoke?"

"Sure, I figure we could have a contest for who can do the best rendition of "Rubber Ducky, you're the one. . . "

"The next thing you'll want to do is to throw the duck on the table and see if it bounces. It certainly has a high potential in that area."

"Maybe we could play Duck, Duck, Goose too."

"This is ridiculous. They are going to be here in an hour and I have NOTHING to feed them. I wonder if I should get pizza. And, stop singing, 'LLama, llama, duck'."

No comments:

Post a Comment