Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Sign Language"


"Quick, Mabel there's a sale at the Tempo store."

"What's the rush? We don't need to get there before it opens."

"But we do. There was a sign out front yesterday that said 'Senior Citizens Buy One, Get One Free'. I want to make sure I get the best of the pick."

"Are you thinking they may be selling MALE senior citizens?"

"Of course, and if I can find one I like, you could pick one for yourself and we'd split the cost."

"I don't know about this. I really don't need anything like that."

"Oh, stop being a spoil sport. It will be fun. Get your hat. We need to get down there before that Shirley from the beauty parlour beats us."

"I can't believe I'm letting you talk me into this. Slow down! We don't need to have to explain to the cops why we are speeding through town."

"Mabel, you should do some more exciting things in your life. This is going to be fun and exciting. You never know how it will turn out and that's the fun of it."

"You certainly are right in saying that we won't know how it will turn out."

"Look, look we aren't the first ones here. If you hadn't dawdled we would have had first looks at the merchandise."

"It appears Sally is wearing her best dress. She wore that to her grandson's wedding last month."

"Shoot. I knew I should have worn my little black dress."

"The store manager is unlocking the front door now."

"Great. I wonder how they are going to handle this. Maybe they will set it up like an auction."

"How do we tell which senior citizens are for sale? They don't seem to have any price tags on them."

"Oh oh Suzy looks mad."

"What's the matter, Suzy?"

"I told that manager I was going to turn him in for false advertising. Can you believe it? They advertise senior citizens, buy one, get on free and then when I tried to do that, the manager told me that that was not what it meant. I pointed out to him that that is what it stated on the sign. He is trying to say that people who are senior citizens can buy something like toothpaste and get one free. He is probably trying to cover up the fact that he didn't have enough senior citizens to go around. "

"He is certainly going to hear about this. We should call the newspaper and the cops. False advertising is against the law. "

"Come on, Mabel. We might as well go home."

No comments:

Post a Comment