Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cemetery Sign Language


Sign in a cemetery: Due to the grave-diggers' strike, all grave digging for the duration will be done by a skeleton crew.
"Did you see that? Looks like we'll be busy for awhile. Maybe if we do a good job, we can keep doing the grave digging. It seems like they would want us rather than living people to do the work because it would save the city alot of money and they wouldn't have to pay health benefits."

"I don't know, whenever they have left us to do the mowing, it doesn't go well."

"That's because the north side of the cemetery skeletons keep getting in the way when Bones tries to mow. They seem to think it adds to the ambiance and scaring teenagers isn't as much fun when the grounds look so freshly manicured."

"Whatever. Are you going to volunteer for this new position? It appears that they are thinking it may be temporary."

"I'm thinking it will take a couple of us, maybe more, since our muscles aren't what they used to be. "

"Well, I hear they need a grave done for Saturday. We could give it a try."

"Super. I'll get the shovels. Should we dig during the night or be adventurous and start right now?"

"Watch that shovel. You almost decapitated me."

"This is harder than it looks. I keep getting little stones caught in my feet."

"Yeah, I'm thinking that I hope the strike is over pretty soon. I don't want to have to do this very often."

"They can't say they worked us to the bone. Hee Hee."

"I have a bone to pick with you already. Stop with the corny jokes and dig."

"I was just trying to tickle your funny bone. Hey, look what you've done! Now I don't have a leg to stand on, you Bonehead. Help me reach my femur since you knocked it out from under me."

"Run!! Here comes a dog! I knew this was a bad idea. Whoops, sorry about your femur, looks like Fido is carrying it home."

No comments:

Post a Comment